Heartfelt Valentine’s Day Dessert Recipe
Nothing says true love like swoon-worthy sweets.
We may be a little biased, but we think we’ve found the perfect (and easiest) way to speak your sweetheart’s love language this Valentine’s Day! There’s no denying that whether sweet or salty, everyone loves a good treat. So, we’re going to help you send hearts racing with a divine Valentine’s Day recipe: Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Heart cookies. Made with our decadent Dark Peanut Butter Hearts, this Valentine’s Day dessert is deliciously swoon-worthy.
Let’s Get Baking
With their creamy peanut butter flavor touched with a hint of salt, our Dark Peanut Butter Hearts are total bliss, but when you add them to baked goods, it’s true love. This recipe for chocolate peanut butter candy cookies can be whipped up in under 30 minutes — leaving you enough time to snuggle with your sweetheart(s).
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 3/4 cups flour (or gluten free flour)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter (or coconut oil, melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt for sprinkling on top!
- 1 lb See’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Hearts
And, of course, you will need a few materials.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large mixing bowl
- Spatula or spoon
- Parchment paper(or coconut oil, melted)
- Baking sheet
- Cookie scoop
- Cooling racks
Now let’s mix it up.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (this keeps cookies from sticking.)
- Mix melted butter, flour, brown sugar, peanut butter, cinnamon, vanilla, egg and sea salt in a large bowl until well combined.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, place mounds of dough onto the baking sheet.
- Dent the middle of each mound with your thumb or spoon (Note: these cookies don’t rise.)
- Bake for 11-12 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven, place them on the cooling rack and gently press a Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Heart into each dent.
Once fully baked, you’ll have a light-colored cookie with a chewy interior and crumbly exterior topped with a dark chocolate heart softened in the center. It’s love at first bite. But don’t take our word for it, sink your teeth in and taste for yourself.
Hearts Will Skip a Beat
Delightfully decadent and full of flavor, you cannot miss the mark with these simple (and Cupid-approved) Valentine's Day desserts.
Shop Dark Peanut Butter Hearts today