We’re Celebrating National Lollypop Day
July is well known for its Independence Day festivities, but did you know that it also plays host to another (equally) exciting celebration?
What is National Lollypop Day?
July 20 is National Lollypop Day! And this isn’t just another holiday, it’s the day to show appreciation for all things lollypop! At See’s, our signature square candies on a stick are at the top of our favorites list.
One Sticky History
Popular with candy enthusiasts of all ages, it’s fair to say that lollypops have an illustrious history. But how they got started (and who created National Lollypop Day) remains somewhat of a mystery. We know they came onto the American-made candy scene during the 1920s — around the same time that Mary and Charles See introduced their homemade treats. In fact, we’re so devoted to this classic treat that we’ve got an entire candy kitchen exclusively for producing over 2.5 million pounds of lollypops each year! So, while See’s might not have been the first to create these popular candies, we certainly have been the ones to perfect it.
Are Lollypops Worth Celebrating?
The real question is, “Why wouldn’t you celebrate lollypops?” If you still need a nudge, here are 5 reasons why National Lollypop Day should be on your calendar.
- Perfect on-the-go snack. With their handy stick, kids and adults alike can enjoy this mess-free treat — anytime, anywhere.
- Warm-weather friendly. Take your time eating these scrumptious summertime snacks because the only thing melting will be you.
- Gifting goodness. From birthdays (psst – we have pre-wrapped lolly gifts) to thank you’s, lollypops make the perfect gift and are a sure-fire way to put a smile on someone’s face.
- Long-lasting flavor. You won’t find another candy that lets you savor creamy sweetness for as long as a lollypop. It’s all good, down to the very last lick.
- They’re delicious. With so many flavors to choose from — not to mention sugar-free options and Little Pops® — there is something to satisfy every sweet tooth.
We could keep going, but you get the idea.
Which Flavor Should You Try First?
Honestly, the only person who can answer this is you. What we can say is that See’s uses the highest quality ingredients, like dairy-fresh butter, heavy cream, real vanilla, Colombian coffee and mouthwatering chocolate to create these rich flavors:
- Sugar Free Butterscotch
- Café Latté
And, with our Limited Time Sweets — seasonal favorites made in small batches — you can also try Chocolate Caramel. Choosing just one could be difficult, but with our assorted lollypop boxes, you never have to play favorites.
Do Little Pops® Count as Lollypops?
Absolutely! Simply put, Little Pops® are bite-sized versions of our classic lollypops. Packed with flavor, these individually wrapped, stickless treats are perfect for snacking and come in our most popular flavors. Who says lollypops need a stick?
Can People Who Are Avoiding Sugar Celebrate National Lollypop Day?
We firmly believe everybody deserves the joy of lollypops! Ideal for anyone who is sugar-sensitive, our Sugar Free Butterscotch Lollypops have all the flavor you’ve come to expect from See’s, but none of the sugar. Decidedly delicious!
How Can You Celebrate National Lollypop Day?
That’s easy! Stay tuned because Lollypops and Little Pops® specials are coming soon! Plus, if you join us in-store for National Lollypop Day on July 20, you’ll receive a free lollypop — no purchase necessary! But hurry, this offer won’t stick around forever!
Shop Lollypops and Little Pops®